Simply install the WPBookList Mobile App Extension, download the smartphone app, scan a book’s barcode with your smartphone, and watch as the title is automatically added to your website! Includes option to automatically create Pages and Posts during the upload process.
Installation & Usage Instructions
- Download the Bulk-Upload Extension
- Upload the Zipped file via the WordPress Dashboard
- Click ‘Plugins’ on the left-hand side of the WordPress Dashboard
- Click the ‘Add New’ button towards the top of the ‘Plugins’ page
- Click the ‘Upload Plugin’ button towards the top of the ‘Add Plugins’ page
- Click the ‘Choose File’ button and select the zipped extension file you just purchased
- Click the ‘Install Now’ button
- Click the ‘Activate Plugin’ button
- Click on the ‘Mobile’ submenu page under the main WPBookList Main Menu
- Indicate whether you’d like a Page and/or a Post created for each title you add with the smartphone app by checking the ‘Create a Page for each Book Scanned?’ and ‘Create a Post for each Book Scanned?’ checkboxes.
- Click ‘Save Mobile App Settings’ and begin scanning books with your smartphone!
Smartphone App Installation & Usage Instructions
- Download the app from the App Store or the Google Play Store
- Press the ‘Configure Settings’ button,
and input the exact URL of where you’ve placed the WPBookList Shortcode (For example, to add books to the WPBookList library found here, I would input: https://wpbooklist.com/index.php/official-wpbooklist-library/)
- Press the ‘Save Settings’ button
- Press the ‘OK’ button on the notification, then press the ‘Add a Book Now!’ button
- Scan your book’s barcode. If the scan was successful, you should receive a message saying ‘Found Book’ followed by the book’s ISBN number.
- If the book was successfully added to your website, you should receive a message saying ‘Your book has been added to ‘, followed by the name of whatever library you’ve placed on the particular page of your website.